Sunday, August 26, 2018

What's Happening: Week of August 27, 2018

First things first: My featured royalty-free stock music item this week is City Shadows. It's a kind of urban feeling track for your version of a contemporary noir video. I hope you'll check it out.

I'm working on a little something different right now. My wife Danita has been having trouble with tinnitus, or ringing in the ears. She was looking at devices that would generate white noise, and asked me about them. I've heard of devices and even phone apps that would generate white noise along with environmental sounds that would relieve tiniitus, help with meditation, and other helpful things. I thought about it, and said to myself, "I can do that!"

So, over the past few days I've been working on a sixty-minute ambient piece with a working title of 'Environs.' Basically what I did to build it was to put down a bed of white noise. Then I sprinkled in sampled environmental sounds: streams, waterfalls, birds and so on. Lastly, I laid down some ambient pads and simple pentatonic melodies. I hope to polish it and upload it to YouTube early next month so Danita can enjoy it. When I do, I'll also make it available in case you would like to check it out too.

In the meantime . . .

There will be no weekly update from me next week. I will be in Utah for several days through Labor Day weekend visiting my son Alex, daughter-in-law Leah and my new granddaughter Ellie. I may post a little on Twitter (hopefully lots of pictures of the little angel), and I'll schedule some tweets to promote my existing portfolios. Look for another post from me around September 10. Until then, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment