Sunday, August 19, 2018

What's Happening: Week of August 20, 2018

First, I want to announce that the prospective podcast I had announced a few weeks back is now on indefinite hold. I'm not holding my breath for it to actually happen at this point. Sometimes things just don't work out, and we move on.

Now for better news.

My featured stock music item this week is Inspiring Podcast Intro (30 Second). It's got a sort of magical feel to it, very light and uplifting. You can also license it in 15 second and six-second bumper versions. I hope you'll check it out.

Finally . . .
I have a new item in the pipeline and there's a story behind this one. A few days back a good friend called and asked if I could put together a game show parody intro with a brief scripted announcer bit up front. I grabbed my item Big Band Swing Intro (Short), channeled my inner Johnny Gilbert, put it all together and sent him two versions about an hour later.

Then I got to thinking. I don't really have anything that would work as a kind of kitschy game show parody. So, inspired by the theme from the long running game show The Price is Right, I put together an intro that might work for podcasters or other media producers looking to take a tongue-in-cheek approach to their material. I purposely used a special VST plugin to try and give the final version a sort of "retro" tape saturated 1960's-70s vibe. I call it "Fun Upbeat Retro Intro." Here's a sample of the thirty-second version.



I also put together a 15-second version, a bumper version, and a loop that doesn't contain the original melody but instead has little accents in the flute and muted trumpet. I'm also experimenting with a new watermark I created that also touts my main website ("thisbrucesmith.com"). If I decide I like it (or I see more traffic at the home page) maybe I'll make the adjustment permanent.

I've got a bunch of stuff currently in the pipeline, so keep tabs here and on my Twitter feed (linked in the top menu) for news of when and if things become available. As always don't be surprised if I get in a mood to write and put out updates or articles in between Sundays. Thanks for reading, and please stop by again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment