Sunday, September 9, 2018

What's Happening: Week of September 10, 2018

I'm back from seeing my son, daughter and beautiful granddaughter in Utah, and am ready to get back into the swing of things.

New this week is a project I think I mentioned a few weeks back. It's a 60-minute ambient soundscape I created for Danita in the hope of helping out with her tinnitus. It combines white noise with water sounds, bird calls and some sampled synthesized music, plus a few odds and ends thrown in. The working title was "Environs," but I've decided to call it "Sanctuary" instead. It's available now on YouTube.
My featured stock music item this week is Corporate Podcast Intro 9 (15 Second). It's a straightforward, upbeat opener for business friendly podcasts and similar content. I hope you'll check it out.

Finally, a little more rumination. After taking a good long look at the data, I've come to the conclusion that my social media efforts have been, at best, marginally helpful in promoting my work. Therefore, I plan to change my strategy to focus more on promoting collections and my artist pages rather than individual items. I'll continue to plug individual items that sell. I also think I'd like to do more writing (as in essays/non-fiction), so I'll probably start spending less effort on social media to accommodate that. Also, I'm not really sure I want to release any more new music outside of the stock realm. It just doesn't seem worth it, at least not in the near term.

But, I've been known to change my mind . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment