Sunday, September 30, 2018

What's Happening: Week of October 1, 2018

Why do people say "spring has sprung", but they don't say "fall has fallen"?

Autumn is indeed upon us, and that means media producers should be thinking about Christmas. To help out, I have a nice collection of traditional (and not so traditional) Christmas music.

The traditional side includes arrangements of such holiday favorites as:

  • Deck The Halls (available in either a brass quintet or string quartet arrangement)
  • We Wish You a Merry Christmas (as a brass quintet arrangement)
  • Greensleeves (What Child is This), a sort of New Agey arrangement
  • O Come O Come Emmanuel
  • Joy to the World
  • Shchedryk (the music that forms the basis of "Carol of the Bells")
  • Jingle Bells
The less traditional includes "Holiday Hustle Bustle" (it's sure to remind boomers of childhood holidays), and a goofy western swing arrangement of Jingle Bells.


Meanwhile, my featured stock music item this week is 'Ambient Tension Builder'. The title is pretty self-explanatory: percussion and weird, drony noise combine to build to a heart stopping finish.

You can license it here.

By the way, you may notice that I'm streaming audio for the preview of this week's item directly from Pond5, as I alluded to last week. I contacted Support and asked whether doing so would violate my Contributor Agreement or Website Terms. They punted my to someone else at P5, who never responded all week. So, I'm moving ahead with it. Better to ask forgiveness than permission, I guess.

And with that, I'm out. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment