Sunday, July 8, 2018

What's Happening: Week of July 9, 2018

It's been a pretty quiet week for me, with the Independence Day holiday here in the States. There's generally a lull in activity in the stock music biz around this time, before the holidays. I've been spending more time promoting my existing work than developing new stuff.

I haven't been completely away from doing music, though. I spent some time this week working on some more drone type soundscapes. I sketched out four of them with the idea that I might put them on an album for meditation and relaxation, or maybe add them to my Dronescapes collection on Pond5. I haven't decided whether to do either of those things yet, but experimenting is an important part of the creative process. Here's a sample of one of them:



Keep an eye on this blog and I'll let you know what I'm going to do with this, if and when I figure it out myself.

Meanwhile, please check out Critical Seconds, my featured stock music item this week. It's a 60-second track with strings, synths and percussion for tense fight/flight scenes.

If you haven't yet checked out my EP Excelsior: Volume Two on your favorite downloading or streaming site, please click the "Excelsior: Volume Two" link up at the top and find your site. Thanks! Enjoy this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment