Sunday, April 8, 2018

What's Happening: Week of April 9, 2018

I'm plugging away this week, as I'm sure many of you are. There are a couple of interesting things going on, though.

First, I want to thank all the folks who stopped by from Facebook to read my series of articles on the making of "Sonny the Monster," a cover I did some 30+ years ago of a Robert Pollard song that became part of the Guided by Voices canon with the release of the third GbV "Suitcase" set in 2009. If you've not heard the track, there's a video of it on YouTube:


If you haven't read the articles and would like to, start here.

Meanwhile, I have new material in the pipeline. This item, with numerous variations, is a simple corporate background I (predictably) called "Simply Business Positive." Pending approval, it'll be available in full (2+ minute), 60 second, 30 second, 15 second, looped and six second bumper versions. Here's a sneak preview of the 30-second version:




Stay tuned here or to my Twitter feed for the heads up when it's ready to license.

Finally, I'm thinking maybe it's getting close to the time to release Volume Two of the "Excelsior" Series. I plan to spend some time this week reviewing candidates for what I anticipate will be a three to four track single/EP. I'' be updating this as I get a little further into the process.

Thanks to you for listening, supporting my work, listening or just stopping by. Please support my work by licensing my stock music or listening to my various stuff on Apple Music/iTunes or Spotify (search for "thisbrucesmith"). See you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment