Sunday, April 1, 2018

What's Happening: Week of April 2, 2018

I hope everyone who celebrate Easter has had a joyous one. Now it's on to a new week.

I have a new stock music item I'm getting ready to submit to Pond5, but I'm having a problem: I can't come up with a title. This is a two-minute piece, one of those things I do from time to time that's good for tension and drama building. But after a while it gets monotonous calling all these things "Tension Builder" or similar titles. I'll come up with something and let you know.

My featured stock music track this week is Ethereal Mystery, a symphonic, cinematic hybrid piece. It's similar to last week's featured item, "Wonder of Discovery." I sometimes tend to do similar styled pieces in batches. I just get in a mood and out they pour. Next week's item will be yet another like this. But that's next week.

As for this week, I'm trying out Buffer, yet another social media management platform. I started out working with TweetDeck, but I also want to be able to schedule posts to my Google+ feed. So I tried out Hootsuite. It has an interface I found very intuitive. I occasionally encountered problems logging into their front end application and had to fall back on TweetDeck a couple of times, but was willing to live with it.

Until yesterday.

Starting this week, I'm experimenting with using a different laptop for posting to social media and other administrative tasks, leaving my main laptop primarily as my project studio. In trying to log in to Hootsuite on the new machine, I found I couldn't. So I went to my regular machine (where I had the password stored) and tried to change it there. It wouldn't let me change it unless I also provided my Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn URLs. First, I don't have a Facebook account. Second, their platform should know the information for my Twitter and other accounts. So I said enough already, and cancelled my Hootsuite account. Hopefully, my luck will be better with Buffer.

And that's that for this post. Keep watch here as I'll be giving at least one sneak preview of items in the pipeline this week. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment