Sunday, July 23, 2017

What's Happening: Week of July 24, 2017

I hope you've had a restful weekend and are ready to crush it this week.

My featured royalty-free stock music track this week is Lifestyle Intro 2 (Full). It's yet another of my intros for podcasting, but of course you can use it for other stuff too. I hope you'll check it out if you're looking for a musical intro for your lifestyle-oriented or topical media project.

I debuted a new track on Pond5 Friday. It's the corporate track titled "Power Through" that I mentioned in last week's update. If you're interested, please check it out here.

Meanwhile, I'm having second thoughts about the "Excelsior" series. A lot of outlets, like Tidal, YouTube, and others, take their sweet time getting content on to their sites. If I release a single a month, the next one will likely be out before Quest for Transformation, the first single in the series goes live in some of those outlets. Not sure I want to be promoting two or three singles on multiple platforms at the same time. There's also the issue of having to come up with cover art for all this stuff. An alternative might be to release EPs of 3 or 4 tracks every few months. Still thinking about that.

Speaking of EPs, I'm really giving serious thought to putting out Extasis as an EP before the end of the year. It would consist of probably three tracks and would be on the ambient side of my musical personality. I have two of the three tracks in mind, but can't decide on a third.

This weekend I came up with a really pretty little tune I'm calling "Snow Globe." It's light and with lots of bells and makes you think of the little worlds inside the snow globes you might have played with when you were a kid. I thought about including it as the third track of the Extasis EP, but it has a Christmastime feeling the others really don't have. Decisions, decisions . . .

So, that's my story and I'm sticking to it (until I'm not). Thanks for reading and I hope you have a terrific week ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment