Sunday, May 7, 2017

What's Happening: Week of May 8, 2017

I hope everyone enjoyed the Cinco De Mayo weekend. I for one am ready to jump into the new week with both feet.

I have yet more new intro music in the pipeline, and am hoping for approval early in the week. There's a set of "lifestyle-oriented" intros, another that has a very spacey jazz feel (though not as artsy as my "modern jazz" podcast intro, and finally a funky intro with a hint of breakbeat vibe. I did not use the word "podcast" in all of the titles this time around, but they will all (hopefully) appear in my Pond5 podcast music collection nonetheless.

INSTANT UPDATE: I just got a message from the curators at Pond5 indicating that my uploads have just been approved, so I will definitely be featuring them on my Twitter stream tomorrow (Monday the 8th in the US).

In addition to the new intros, I have one longer track (in this case "longer" meaning > :30) also premiering this week. It's a spacey kind of ambient track with lots of bells and fluffy synth pads in 5/4 time called "Infinite Wonder." I may wait to feature that one on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, sales of my stock/production music have improved now to the point where I'm giving serious thought to going all in on the music. (Thanks so much to all of you for making that possible!) Part of that will entail reviewing my social media strategy to better promote my work. Stay tuned for more on that in the next week or so.

So, lots to see and do. I hope you all have a great week, and remember your mom this Mother's Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment