Friday, May 12, 2017

Software Hassles, Update

Yesterday I noted I was dealing with software issues. The issues are resolved and I was able to finish a mix I was working on. I'll be featuring that on my Twitter feed on Monday.

It turns out the problem I was having had nothing to do with the Windows registry. Some IK Multimedia products (like their plugins and my version of Miroslav Philharmonik) require that you run your digital audio workstation (DAW) as an administrator under Windows. I hadn't had this problem immediately after I had installed my update Mixcraft 8 software, but midweek it suddenly popped up without prior warning. I'm guessing something got triggered by my latest update to my operating system. I also have some software that I run the performs utilities like clearing out services you don't need, optimizing processes, etc. and that might have something to do with it as well.

The file I was running when I had the original crash on Monday was still behaving strangely afterward. Some of my effects kept crashing, but in the end I was able to get the mix out. The file itself might somehow have gotten corrupted; I don't know. In the meantime, I will keep on chugging away (and doing regular backups).

No comments:

Post a Comment