Sunday, May 14, 2017

What's Happening, Week of May 15, 2017

I hope all the moms out there had a great Mother's Day. It's another week, and new stuff abounds.

I've updated my official web page and added news about my music appearing in artist Rochelle Krause's new web series "A Universe of Trouble." The series is based on a short story by acclaimed science-fiction writer Harry Harrison. It follows the adventures of a cosmic maintenance technician who must repair a hyperspace beacon on a distant planet without arousing the ire of the planet's indigenous inhabitants, who have adopted the beacon as a god! So much for the Prime Directive! My royalty-free stock music track "Mystery Suspense Theme" features heavily through the 17 episodes. More info, and a sneak peak, are on this page. Hope you'll check it out.

Sticking with the spooky background music motif, I have anointed my track "Cinematic Ambient" as my featured track of the week this week. It will be pinned to my Twitter profile page all week, so please check that out as well.

It's shaping up to be a light week for new tracks. I have one coming out on YouTube and my Twitter feed tomorrow. The title of that is Epic Confrontation. It's a dubstep-influenced track that's great for action-oriented video or book trailers. I really think it rocks and hope you do, too.

Finally, a sad note for me. Tomorrow would have been my Dad's 93rd birthday. He and I didn't always see eye-to-eye on every little thing, but before the end I came to understand what a stand-up guy he was. He took two bullets for his country, was a faithful husband to my mom, and found the money to buy all three of us kids musical instruments. I love you and miss you Dad, and I thank for all the opportunities you gave me.

But now, in the immortal words of one of Arnold Schwarzenegger's characters: "Enough talk!" Have a great week, and stay tuned for more to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment