Sunday, February 12, 2017

What's Happening: Week of February 13, 2017

I want to start out by recognizing the life and career of the great singer Al Jarreau, who passed this morning at the age of 76. His biggest hit was "We're In This Love Together," and others may remember him as the singer of the theme from Bruce Willis' breakout TV series Moonlighting, but my favorite Jarreau track by far was "Mornin'." Every time I hear it I get goose bumps. Instead of a moment of silence then, I'd like to observe four-and-a-half minutes of pure bliss. Thanks, Al, for everything.



Now, on to the usual stuff. I've got more podcast intro music in the pipeline, including a funky one, a mellow one and another with a sort of breaking news feel. If all goes well, they should be added to my podcast music collection at Pond5 sometime this week. Check there and my Twitter for updates. I'm featuring one of my Dronescape tracks this week at the main website.

Finally, an update on something I had blogged about a few weeks back: my experiment in creating a stock music track based on the principles of "feel good" music proposed by Prof. Jacob Jolij. The resulting track "Driving Uplifting Rock," got some interest in terms of page views and one very glowing comment, but no sales. To be fair, it could be that the style of music doesn't lend itself to most commercial applications, or perhaps I did a bad job of marketing it. But I still like, and it made me feel good to do it. So there you have it.

Enjoy your week!


No comments:

Post a Comment