Thursday, February 9, 2017

What Happened Today?

I just checked in here on my Blogspot blogs, and found I had about 100 times the normal page views I get in a typical 24-hour period. A small number were in the 10 o'clock A. M. (ET) hour this morning but most were in the following (11 o'clock) hour. According to my stats, all the views came from the USA. All the users were on Windows running Chrome.

So did one person (or two) spend a couple of hours reading a bunch of stuff from my site? I had a number of old posts with two hits each. There were no referral spam links left behind. None of my other blogs (I have one that's sort of in archive mode, and another that I use to blow off steam) were affected. What gives? Not that I mind a spike in readers; I appreciate everyone who stops by. But this seems so strange. No sources, no search terms, nothing. Hmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment