Sunday, March 4, 2018

What's Happening: Week of March 5, 2018

This week I have great news on website encryption, and even more stock music in the pipeline. Let's get right into it.

In a recent update I had mentioned that I started seeing encrypted (SSL) traffic in my website statistics. After doing some research, I figured out what was going on, and the news is good. Beginning in 2016, cPanel, which makes control panel software for domain management, began working with certificate authority Comodo to provide domain validation (DV) certificates to their internet hosting partners. One of those partners is Lunarpages, through which I host and manage several domains in addition to thisbrucesmith.com.

This is a big deal because, although DV isn't the most comprehensive form of security validation, it does enable encryption on the website, meaning that if you go to https://thisbrucesmith.com (instead of just http:) you won't be vulnerable to someone sniffing to see what you're doing.

Best of all, no one has sent me a bill. Yet.

So, I've changed my link here to the encrypted site, and I hope you'll check it out.  Meanwhile . . .


I have two more stock music tracks in the pipeline. The first is "Restless," the title of which is pretty self-explanatory. It evokes impatience, anxiety, restlessness, foreboding and similar emotions associated with imminent action.



The second is another piece for science or astronomy, and electronic piece I call "Cosmic Dawn."



That's pretty much what's new for now. Please keep an eye on this space for updates and new stock music in the pipeline. Have a terrific week.

No comments:

Post a Comment