Sunday, March 25, 2018

What's Happening: Week of March 26, 2018

The new thisbrucesmith.com
Big news this week!

As you can see to the left, I have a brand new home page update that I've just rolled out within the last hour of starting this blog post. The back story here is that I was in sort of a creative stall on the musical side. I started thinking about my main web page and began to look at ways I could spruce things up a bit.

I was doing some research at W3Schools, which is a great resource and reference for all kinds of web development. Whilst there, I stumbled on a set of CSS templates they've created and are offering to users to freely use and modify for projects. I copied their template called "The Band" and made some modifications (for example, I'm not planning to tour anytime soon!). It's got a sleek black-and-white look I really love.

The template is very well coded and I found it easy to understand and modify to meet my needs. It helped that I've worked in HTML and CSS before, but the template saved many, many hours of work. It is responsive, looking good on both my desktop and my smartphone. Best of all, it's extremely lightweight compared to my old website, which used a now outdated version of Bootstrap. Better yet, all of the critical elements of my former About, Samples and Contact pages now fit in a single, scroll-able page. Plus, I have links to my EPK and (of course) this blog -- all in one place. I'll be promoting the new page pretty heavily going forward, and hope you'll pay a visit.

Featured Stock Music Item of the Week

One change now that I have a new web page is that I'm not playing up the featured item as much any more. You can still find a link to it if you visit the site on a large screen, but you won't see the link on a smaller form factor like a smartphone. I'll still be pinning the featured item to my Twitter profile each week (it's there now), and I'll have a link to it here as well.

This week's featured item is "Wonder of Discovery." This is one of those cinematic, symphonic hybrid things that makes you think of outer space or the depths of the ocean. It's a great choice for science fiction or science fact.


And that's pretty much it. I plan on getting back to developing some new music for my stock production portfolio this week, and will let you know here when there's new stuff in the pipeline. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment