Sunday, February 4, 2018

What's Happening: Week of February 5, 2018

I'm in a low-key mood today, since most people in the States are focused on the Super Bowl. But I do have a couple of updates for those who come to the blog later in the week.

First, I have a couple of new stock music items in the pipeline, which I hope to get approved this week. One is a titled "Day of Reckoning." As you might guess, it's more of a dramatic musical backdrop. The full version builds tension gradually to a sort of anti-climax at the end. The looped version takes a :60 segment and lets you loop it underneath your scene. The second is another intro, based on "synthwave," which apparently is an actual thing. Basically, synthwave is updated 80's retro with better production values (that's what it sounds like to me, anyway). Assuming it receives approval it will be yet another addition to my podcast music collection of intros and loops at Pond5.

Speaking of intros, my featured stock music item this week is Inspiring Intro 1 (Full). It's a big opener for motivational and business-positive podcasts or presentations. It's also available in short (:14). and logo (:06) versions, which you can find in the collection I linked in the last paragraph. If you're looking for music to jump-start your audience, this may be just the thing.

Meanwhile, I'm now less than two weeks away from my self-imposed deadline to release the Aquarian Eyes EP. Unlike some of my other projects in the past, I'm taking a little extra time on this one in an attempt to master it as a single project, rather than a collection of tracks. I'm almost finished with that (meaning I'm very close to being happy with how they hang together), and from there want to come up with more of a cover than the single version at left.

Of the four tracks I'll be including in the EP, three ("Night Vision," the title track and "Mystic Jam") are all pretty much downtempo tracks with varying degrees of electronics. The fourth track, "Soaring Spirit," is one I've been sitting on for awhile. It's more of an instrumental pop ballad, and maybe one I'm more emotionally attached to than I should be. C'est la vie. It is, after all, my vanity press in the end.

On my Spotify artist page I'm now featuring the album Mira by Trio Caliente. They are a DC-based group, and one of the founding members is Michael Bard, a talented guitarist and family friend from my hometown of Dayton, Ohio. In addition to being a talented player, Michael is also a fine teacher; one of his notable students is former U. S. Senator, Secretary of State and presidential candidate John Kerry. I hope you'll stop by my page to check them out.

And with that, I'll run along. I hope you have an excellent week, and thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment