Sunday, January 7, 2018

What's Happening: Week of January 8, 2018

I normally wait until later in the afternoon to do my Sunday updates this time of the year, but the NFL playoff game between Buffalo and Jacksonville was BORING. So here we go with the first update of 2018 . . .

Since I had a little bit of extra time, I decided to make a few small changes to my website home page. Besides updating my featured stock music item this week, I moved my follow buttons for Spotify, Twitter and Google+ up just below the opening message. I hope you'll check it out and maybe even follow me if you haven't already.

Speaking of Spotify, I've assembled a brand new playlist of some of my favorite 1970s jazz fusion tracks (many of them deep cuts) that I think deserve hearing. I call it "Hope You Like Jazz Fusion" and it features stuff by Herbie Hancock, Chick Corea, The Brecker Brothers, Weather Report, Chase, Billy Cobham and many more. (Greg, if you happen to see this the first track is for both of us.)



On the stock music front, my featured stock music track for this week is Sports Podcast Intro 2 (Full). This is a thirty second intro that starts big and has a repetitive groove you can fade into your presentation. Or you can talk over the repeating section until you get to a big close at the end. There are other versions of this track available, too; hear them all from my Podcast Intro Music page at Pond5.

Meanwhile, I have two new intros out last week at "the pond." The first is a short, very big sounding intro I simply call Epic Intro 1. The second is a rocking, uplifting intro called "Inspiring Intro 1." It's available in :30, :14 and :06 lengths. Please check them out!

Finally, over the holidays I've been developing material for a commercial release that's going to be decidedly quieter than Exclesior: Volume One. It's not going to be like Circadia, either. It's going to be an EP with probably four shorter pieces that will be even more ambient than the stuff on Circadia. One of the pieces I plan to include is a tribute to my mother, whose birthday would have been last Thursday (January 4 - she would have been 91 this year). I posted it on Soundcloud last Thursday and am sharing it here to give you a general idea what to expect. I hope you find it worthy.


With that, I think I'll stop for now. I hope your week is a productive and happy one.

No comments:

Post a Comment