Sunday, January 21, 2018

What's Happening: Week of January 22, 2018

I was sick, OK?
What's happening this week is basically the same as what was happening last week.

Let me explain.

As I was typing my blog post last Sunday evening, I was noticing an itch in my throat. I had been moving some things around and clearing snow and ice over the past weekend and had a bit of a chill. As the evening went on, the itch evolved into a cough and my nose began to run. I went to bed that night, and things went downhill from there.

By Monday morning, I was coughing, sneezing, hacking and hurting. I had a fever and aches in my neck and head. I rested patiently, hoping maybe it was a short-term bug. It was not. I found myself sleeping almost constantly; when I woke my first priority was to get fluids into my body, since I've always heard you need to stay hydrated with these things.

I got into a pattern of: wake, hydrate, stand and stretch, take care of basic business, sit, nap, repeat. I was sleeping, yes, but it was fitful sleep at best, in short stretches, interrupted constantly by coughing.

It was clear by Wednesday that things weren't getting better, and on Thursday my nephew brought me some very strong over-the-counter medicine, which finally knocked out the fever overnight into Friday. I did some live tweeting Friday and have focused on getting quality rest this weekend.

Back to square one.

So this week I'll be working on the stuff I planned to work on last week, plus:

  • Extra laundry
  • Dishes that have piled up
  • Cleaning
My featured stock music item this week is Lush Romance. In fact, I plan to feature romantic-themed stuff the next couple of weeks with Valentine's Day coming up.

And with that, I hope your week is productive and disease-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment