Sunday, October 8, 2017

What's Happening: Week of October 9, 2017

We're one week closer to the holidays, and I have some decisions to make.

First, in case you missed it, earlier this week I introduced a new stock music track at Pond5. Quiet Intensity is sort of ambient but also energetic. The idea I had when I was writing it was to help tell stories of underdogs, unsung heroes, and characters or teams that don't give up. It's available to license royalty-free, and if you're telling that kind of story I hope you'll check it out.

I'm still thinking about revamping my YouTube channel and getting rid of most of my stock music videos. The only problem is that it's time consuming to delete over 100 videos (even if almost no one is watching them).

If you need scary Halloween music for last-minute creative projects, there's still time to license something from my collection.

Starting in the next week I'll be making a bigger push to promote my Christmas stock music. I also hope to firm up plans for my instrumental winter/holiday single "Snow Globe." The current track is over 5 minutes long and I'm thinking about editing it down to something in the 3-4 minute range. It's kind of atmospheric and has lots of sleigh bells (of course!)  but I'm worried that the current length is a little boring.

I also want to settle on cover art for the track (something with snow, of course). Finally, I'm trying to decide if I want to release it through Distrokid or CD Baby. If I go through CD Baby it would cost 15 bucks in all, but it stays released forever. With Distrokid I have to cough up 20 bucks a year, and if none of my releases ever break through I may decide I want to pull the plug someday/ More on that later in the year.

Finally, I've decided I'm going to sign up some of my stuff, especially things from AudioJungle, with AdRev, so I can potentially monetize them through YouTube. I won't do this with anything I have through Pond5, and especially not my podcast intros. But I see the AudioJungle stuff as fair game. Also, I want to have a chance to monetize future chillout or electronic music releases that I'm not licensing through Pond5 or AJ. Stay tuned to find out how that turns out.

And that's the latest from here. I hope your week is a good one.

B~)

No comments:

Post a Comment