Sunday, October 29, 2017

What's Happening: Week of October 30, 2017

Halloween is upon us, but this week my thoughts are on Christmas.

Leading up to Christmas, I'll be featuring all Christmas music on my Twitter profile. First up this week is my looped orchestral arrangement of Jingle Bells. This is a great choice for looping behind commercials, holiday videos and similar media projects. In the following weeks I'll be featuring other items from my royalty-free Christmas stock music collection.

Meanwhile, after much agonizing, I think I finally have the cover for my upcoming holiday single "Snow Globe' the way I want it. Check it out.


Thanks again to my wonderful wife Danita for providing the photo. Look for a preview video later this week, and release in mid-November (sorry, I'm still waffling about the exact date).

Speaking of waffling, I'm reconsidering my previous plans to release another project before the end of the year. I'd like to give "Snow Globe" room to breathe, so to speak, and I'm thinking releasing a project within a couple of weeks of the single might be a little too much. Plus, I'd like to give a little more thought to track selection and maybe cleaning up a few things in the mixes. A release right before Christmas might still be feasible (to give all you folks something else to use your iTunes and Amazon gift cards on), but as of now I make no promises.

That's my story and as always, I'm sticking to it. Thanks very much for supporting my work or just stopping by to read my updates. I appreciate it.

)Editorial update: I accidentally put the wrong date in the title. It's the week of the 30th, not the 20th.)

No comments:

Post a Comment