Sunday, August 6, 2017

What's Happening: Week of August 7, 2017

Just two weeks now until the Great American Eclipse, and I hope you're stoked too. I'm not travelling to see the totality in person, but hope to catch it online (maybe on Slooh). As it is, the eclipse coverage will be just under 90 percent where I'm living, which isn't bad. On to the music.

My featured stock music track this week is "Funky Podcast Intro 2 (Full)." Funky drums. Slap bass. Horns. Organ. Percussion. It's on. Please check it out on my Twitter page or on the website.

I have two new intros available as of late last week, and I plan to feature them on my Twitter Monday in case anyone missed them. One is a 70s disco bit, the other a bright and sunny kid and family friendly intro. Both have longer, shorter, looped and logo/ident versions. Meanwhile, I have yet another corporate intro in the works and hope to have that online sometime this week.

I'm getting ready to release a new motivational single in the "Excelsior" series. Or it may be an EP. The beautiful thing about DistroKid is that I have the flexibility to change my mind right up to the last time I click "Enter." (Or whatever it's labeled; I don't remember right off the top.) I'll have a more general announcement when that happens.

My latest Artist Pick on my Spotify page is Pink Floyd's Ummagumma. Before Dark Side of the Moon and The Wall, this 1969 release finds the band stretching out their psychedelic side with a double album that's half live and half studio. The live half features performances of some of the material that brought Floyd a cult following up to that point. The live version of "Astronomy Domine" particularly rocks much harder than the original studio version. The studio half runs a gamut from the very avant-garde and film music influences in "Sisyphus" to the folky "Grantchester Meadows." There's some seriously experimental-psych vibe on one track that I think has the longest title in modern pop music history: "Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving with a Pict." (No, I did not make that up.) Listening back now, there are parts that could be remixed as drum and bass! I had a lot of fun listening to Ummagumma back in the day, and hope you will now.

That's it for now. If you haven't already, please keep an eye on my Twitter and Google+ feeds for more info. Have a good week and please check back.

No comments:

Post a Comment