Sunday, August 20, 2017

What's Happening: Week of August 21, 2017

It's eclipse week, and release week!

Obviously, everyone is going crazy about the total solar eclipse crossing the U. S. tomorrow. I hope to be out and have a chance to experience it myself. Who knows: I may even live tweet, so keep an eye on my Twitter feed between 2:00 and 3:00 p.m. EDT tomorrow. Maximum coverage where I am will be about 89% around 2:30 p.m.
"Are we not men?"
I'm really excited about the end of the week, too. That's because I'll be uploading my EP Excelsior: Volume One to DistroKid on Thursday in the hope that it'll be OK'd and in at least some online marketplaces by Friday. I've already shared a track on Soundcloud. Here is the "official" EP trailer.


I ran into a snag in the upload process with YouTube. I thought that one of the auto-magically generated thumbnails was clean (no scrolling text), but when I looked at what uploaded to Twitter and Google+ it turned out there was some stray text in it. So, I deleted it, and added my cover art as a custom thumbnail. Then I posted the link to Google+ and it showed up with the correct (clean) thumbnail. But when I posted to Twitter it still had the dirty one! As Dilbert would say, "GAAAAH!!" Hoping to have that straightened out and posted to Twitter shortly.

Meanwhile, I am still in the royalty-free stock music business. My featured track this week is "Smooth Jazz Intro (Full)." This full version is :30 long, and it's also available in a shorter (about :10) and 20-second looped versions. You can preview and license it here.

So, lots going on this week. Please stay tuned and I'll keep you informed on when Excelsior: Volume One will be available to download or stream. In the meantime, don't look too closely at the Sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment