Sunday, August 13, 2017

What's Happening, Week of August 14, 2017

Here comes another week. They just keep flying by.

In case you missed it, I have a new release ready to roll out. This one will be a 3-song EP that will be part of what I'm calling the "Excelsior" series. In fact, I'm calling this one Excelsior Volume One. I plan to drop it through DistroKid late the week of the 21st. For more details on the release check out my Excelsior: Volume One release announcement issued last Thursday here on the blog. Also, please check out this sneak peek of the first track of the EP, "Happy Dance," on Soundcloud.

My featured royalty-free stock music track this week is "The View Ahead," a sort of atmospheric track aimed toward corporate and business positive media and presentations. You can sample that from my Twitter profile page.

As for other stock music in my portfolio, I'm continuing to heavily promote my scary Halloween music collection for the next several weeks. As always, I'm promoting my collection of intros and loops for podcasting, You can find links to my current collections from my Pond5 artist page if you're interested in using them for your projects. Sometime in early-to-mid September, I'll start promoting my Christmas music collection that includes both classic and contemporary tracks.

I did some reading over the weekend, and one of the books I looked into was one I'd read about 30 years ago. It's The Inner Game of Music by Barry Green with W. Timothy Gallwey. The book took Gallwey's "Inner Game" concept, that had previously been applied to other areas (most famously tennis) and gave it a musical spin. I didn't appreciate the first time I read it how Gallwey's ideas were on the cutting edge of the positive psychology movement that was just getting started in the 1980s. I might write more about it in a separate post. If I do, expect to see it midweek. If not, at least I mentioned it here.

Thinking about longer-term stuff, I have a tentative schedule in mind for new releases extending out to early 2018. Sometime in late October, I'm planning to release an ambient-New Age instrumental holiday single. It's tentatively titled "Snow Globe" and I'll give more details as we get closer to the release. Ditto for Extasis, which is the tentative title for the ambient-New Age instrumental EP I intend to release in early to mid-November. There are definitely 2 tracks that will make the cut for that release, and I anticipate at this point having one or two more tracks to be determined (for a total of 3-4).

Looking ahead to 2018, I hope to release another "Excelsior" EP (Excelsior: Volume Two) in Jaunary or February, followed by an EP of chillout music in the spring. I classified my Circadia album as both ambient and chillout, and I'm afraid that may have caused some confusion. So going forward, since I don't plan to release albums, I'll split my EPs between "chillout" (which for me means there's more of a beat) and "ambient" (meaning for me: more spacy, less of a beat).

Now you know what I know. Until I change my mind. Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment