Sunday, April 30, 2017

What's Happening: Week of May 1, 2017

I hope everyone is in fine fettle has we head into the next week. Rather than just look ahead in this post, I'd like to take some time to look back as well.

Something interesting (and good) and happened last week. If you've read my blog in the past, you may remember that I did a little experiment where I created a stock music track based loosely on a formula for a "feel good" song developed by Dutch cognitive psychology and neuroscience professor Jacob Jolij of the University of Groningen. At long last, that track "Driving Uplifting Rock," has found a buyer! Who knows, this may be just the beginning of something great (but I'm not holding my breath).

I've also experienced a significant surge in licensing revenue over the past month, including the last few days. A lot of that is coming from the podcast intros and loops I've been working diligently to develop and market since the end of January. I analyzed the sales of my podcast music thus far and wrote about my conclusions in the post from last week that I've linked to above. Since then I've had yet more podcast sales and they continue to follow the pattern I identified in that post: preferences skewing toward the longest and shortest versions.

On my Twitter feed this week I'll be featuring tracks that sold last week, and expressing a lot of gratitude to the buyers who have licensed my work. I have one loop in the pipeline. It's more of a typical stock music track than my recent podcast music intros and loops. If you're on Twitter and not following me now, please do so (@thisbrucesmith). I'm a lot more active there than I am here. Also, please check out my latest featured stock music track (it's epic!) and have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment