Sunday, November 19, 2017

What's Happening: Week of November 20, 2017

It's Thanksgiving week here in the States, and I have a lot to give thanks for.

First, this is already easily my best sales year for stock music. Each year has gotten a little better since the first full year in 2013, and this year is no exception. I've really benefited from the rise of podcasting, with a lot of interest in and sales of the intros and loops targeted to that area.

Second, in case you haven't stopped by lately, I have a new holiday single. It's called "Snow Globe" and it was inspired by my memories of Christmas and the magic feeling you get when you shake one and watch the snow fall. I hope you'll check out the preview on my main web site, which includes links to buy and stream it from all the major U. S. online stores. If you have Apple Music or Spotify, you can listen to it right now on the players to the right for a limited time.

Speaking of Christmas memories, I thought today of a blog post from several years back where I documented the "Christmas edition" of my musical roots. That particular post heavily featured the great guitarist Chet Atkins, and his 1961 classic Christmas album. I'm including a link to that post here if you'd like to check it out. I'm also featuring that album as my  Spotify artist pick for the next week or so. If you have a Spotify account, please check out my Spotify profile and consider following me.

Finally, I'm thankful for you.

Whether you license my production music, download or stream tracks like "Dream Catcher" or my album Circadia, or just stop by to read what I'm writing, I appreciate your support. I hope you have a wonderful holiday if you're in the States, or just a great week if you're elsewhere.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment