Sunday, May 27, 2018

What's Happening: Week of May 28, 2018

It's another light week for me, with Memorial Day weekend here in the States, but I did want to briefly discuss something I had mentioned in a recent post and give an update on some changes since last week.

I had recently blogged about creating a video to commemorate my dad and my son for their military service on Memorial Day. I started work on the video, but found that the music I wanted to use was just too sad for what I wanted to convey. So I abandoned that project for this year, but I may take another look at it, perhaps with different, more uplifting music. I may yet use the "Memorial Day" music I had in mind, but maybe on a video with a more somber tone.

Also, after some review this week, I decided to remove some of my corporate/motivational tracks from AudioJungle. I think they're good, but they simply weren't going anywhere on AudioJungle. So, I've removed them, re-titled two of the tracks and am making them available elsewhere. The three items -- Ascending, For The Win (formerly "Inspiring and Uplifting Corporate"), and Hyper Efficient (formerly "Ambient Efficiency") are now available to license at MotionElements, and I hope will be available soon at Pond5.

Meanwhile, I made a couple of changes here on the blog to make it easier for me to comply with the new data protection regulations being instituted by the European Union. Specifically, I removed some third party widgets to ensure that I didn't have anything on the blog that Google (as host of Blogspot) wouldn't take responsibility for. I'll be looking at this again in the next few weeks to see if I can put any of it back. In the meantime, you can find a link to my Twitter feed at the top of the page if you want to follow me. Please do, if you haven't already.

And with that, I'll bid you a fond adieu until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment