Sunday, December 17, 2017

What's Happening: The Rest of 2017

This will be my last regular update for 2017. Far from going into hibernation for the remainder of the year, I have several projects that I'll be working on in preparation for the new year.

I'll be spending some time updating my ASCAP catalog with titles from my stock music portfolios. I had not bothered to register many of the titles for works I had created prior to joining ASCAP, but since I hope to do more promotion in 2018, I don't want to miss out on potential royalties from broadcasting.

I also want to update my catalog of commercial recordings on SoundExchange, as a recent search seems to show that the data I had submitted to them previously did not get to their database.

Another item on my list of to-dos is creating a page on my site especially for podcast music. If I'm feeling very ambitious I may even try doing a little programming to allow people to look for intros or loops depending on the genre they want or the kind of podcast they're doing. However, that will probably be a project for later in the year.

Also, I'll be continuing to work on tracks toward an ambient/chillout/sleep project for sometime in the spring. This would be a full-length project (since ambient music fans and reviewers still seem to prefer album-length projects), and I would hope to release it sometime in later winter/early spring.

Of course, I'm also looking forward to spending time with family and friends, and enjoying what I hope will be a relatively quiet Christmas and New Year. I'll be returning to regular posting, and hope to have some interesting things to talk about, in 2018.

Happy holidays to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment