Thursday, August 28, 2014

It Was a Dark and Stormy Mood

I have some stressful things going on right now. Time to write some music.
My dad, who is 90, is going through the beginning of his "end of life" phase. His health has been gradually declining over the last few years. It's become tougher for him to do things for himself. I moved in this spring to help him out.

Now, Dad has been diagnosed with non small cell lung cancer. In different conditions, there would be treatment options available. Unfortunately, because he's so weak now, the treatments are as likely to kill him as the cancer is. Needless to say, I'm in a pretty dark mood. I know he's had a long and productive life, but letting go is still difficult.

In a different time in my own life, I would cope with such stress by abusing [fill in the blank]. But I can't do that anymore. Well, I could, but . . . So now, when I get in a dark mood, I write stuff like this:


Yes, it is available to license, like the rest of the stuff I post here. But that's beside the point in this case, and so there is no "Buy" button. Doing stuff like this doesn't magically make stress or pain go away. But it beats how I used to handle the pain in my life, which was to stuff it down until it exploded. 

No comments:

Post a Comment