Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Working on a Single

Those who have read this blog (probably both of you at the date of this post) are probably aware that I have a goal to release a CD/digital album before the end of this year. I have composed almost all of the pieces and have versions recorded that I want to refine. You can find a preview of the track "Point of Departure" elsewhere on the site.

However, it occurred to me that it would be worth my while to have something suitable to release as a single. So I've been working on a nice upbeat little tune. The working title is "Follow the Light," which ties in with the overall "Shadows and Light" theme of the collection. It's 140 beats a minute and I did a neat little electric guitar solo in the middle. (I needed about 30 takes and massive tweaking to get the sound I wanted, but I think it's worth it.)

When it comes together a bit more, I'll post a preview here for anyone who may be interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment