Sunday, March 24, 2013

My Growing Guitar Fantasy

I've been working on tracks for an album I want to release sometime this year. On one of the tunes, I decided I wanted to lay down a real electric guitar track. I've used sampled guitars for some of the royalty-free music I've created on Pond5, but wanted something a little more realistic and expressive for this track. So I pulled out this old guitar of my son's - a Chinese knockoff of a Fender Strat, I think - and wailed away.

I'm no virtuoso by any stretch of the imagination. It was a struggle to get what I wanted. The intonation on the guitar isn't that great, but with processing (love that digital technology) I was finally able to get the sound I wanted. In fact, I'm so happy with the final outcome I plan to pull out an old classical guitar I've had forever and use it on some of the other tracks I'm prepping. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment