Monday, March 11, 2013

An Exercise for Me

Yesterday morning, a video artist posted an urgent need on the Pond5 audio forum for a 60-second piece of music for a trailer. Her project documents women and children who have overcome challenges. I had some things to do yesterday afternoon, but after I got home I sat down and pulled together a piece with thick strings and piano. I uploaded it last night, and after the Pond5 curator approved it I posted a link to it in the forum. I hope it's in the neighborhood of what she's looking for, but if not that's OK. What was important to me was that I was able to create a piece of music to a specification (of sorts) on quite short notice. That's big because I'd eventually like to make something approaching a living doing work like this. I'll try to post that piece here later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment