Monday, May 16, 2016

Is it Just Me?

I feel a bit bemused today. Sales of my stock music have been going well recently, especially at Pond5, but I looked at what's been selling and found it a bit disquieting.

A quick scan of my recent sales at Pond5 shows the following titles: "Ambient Urgency," "Ambient Ominous," Ominous Lurking Doom," and so on. Is it just me, or are there a lot conspiracy theory media productions in process? Does this reflect the times? Is this a sort of Trump effect?

To be fair, some of my more upbeat work is selling is well, like "Retro Happy," "Tropical Paradise," and "Uplifting Affirmation." But two of those three were last month. Am I becoming known for depressing music?  I suppose I shouldn't complain about getting sales. That would be depressing.

So, whatever your motivations, thanks to all of you buyers and listeners.

No comments:

Post a Comment