Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Ultimate Classic Rock: Why Do They Do That?

I was looking through morning headlines and saw an interesting story about the band Rush. I went to check it out, and of course along with the content were lots and lots of ads. I get that. They have to make a buck. This particular site with the story was Ultimate Classic Rock.

There was one particular quirk on this page, though. It was a flash video in the right sidebar, advertising some tire outlet or other. It wouldn't let me navigate on the page until I watched the whole ad. Then, because the ad had pulled me back from where I was to it's position on the page, I had to go back to the point where I left off to continue reading.

I got to the end of the original article and saw a link to something that looked interesting. But before I could click it - you guessed it - the tire ad hijacked me again. I left that page and do not plan to view anything on Ultimate Classic Rock for the foreseeable future. If you want to advertise, fine. But guys, you just drove me off your site. How's that helping your cause?

No comments:

Post a Comment