Wednesday, March 23, 2016

A Whirlwind Week

The last seven days have been crazy. I helped out a friend working security for the big Saint Patrick's festival here in Dayton. He was short-handed this year, so I told him to use me as much as possible. That was foolish of me. Between 6 PM last Wednesday and 2 AM the following Friday, I worked  27 of the 32 hours. It's not something I plan to repeat; I simply don't have the stamina anymore. I awoke mid-morning Friday to a slew of family medical problems, which I won't elaborate on here. Suffice it to say I was going back and forth like a pinball until last night, although I did manage some rest over the weekend.

I'm fine. My problem is that I'm a creature of habit. I like my daily routine, and the last week just blew that up. I wouldn't have changed anything, but I do like sitting here typing as I sip my coffee, working my way slowly into the day. My normal production routine got shot too, so I now have a gaping hole in my pipeline. I plan to work on some music this morning, getting back into some normalcy. Here's hoping nothing else comes up, but if it does . . . that's life.

No comments:

Post a Comment