Wednesday, December 2, 2015

The Perils of Post-Production

I got my notice from CDBaby this evening to do the final review of Circadia before it goes to digital distribution. I reviewed the audio, and freaked! The sixth track, "Absent Friends," starts with an annoying click. I went back and restarted the playback to make sure it wasn't something else, like a bandwidth problem, but no. I went back to my original and, sure enough, there was a (softer) click at the beginning. I had missed it, but it stood out like a sore thumb in the final. So, I sent them an email, went back and quickly fixed the problem, and uploaded the fix.

I also need to make a slight tweak in one of the titles I had missed entered ("Photons at Play" instead of "Photons At Play") for consistency in upper and lower case titling. If they tell me they can't do that, I'll live. But the audio problem had to get fixed, pronto. I don't if or how this will affect the release date, but will publish changes if and when I hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment