Tuesday, April 30, 2013

New Controller and More Tracks on the Way!

I managed to scrounge together a few dollars to buy a new MIDI keyboard controller. It's a Korg Microkey 37, and I've greatly enjoying working with it the last couple of days. Before I got the Microkey I was literally typing in all the parts on the computer keyboard. Now I can play them in with, and although I'm hardly a virtuoso (I can barely play!) it does give the music a more natural, human feel. I will admit that I'm still going back and digitally tweaking a few things here and there when it gets a little TOO natural and human!

I've already created a couple of pieces with the new controller. One is a blues shuffle, and the other is a bright uptempo little piece with a chamber orchestra feel. I hope to post links to them in the next couple of weeks, but if you're too impatient to wait, you can check for them ("Blues Shuffle #1" and "Quiet Motivation") in my portfolio on Pond5 as soon as they pass curation.

No comments:

Post a Comment